Friday 24 January 2014

Camera Techniques

I have been looking at different ways to use the camera to enhance the images and their reflection of the dance and the ballroom.
I have been experimenting using cling film on the lens of the camera or behind the camera lens.


I covered the lens with cling film and experimented using both free lensing and just the  effect created with the cling film, used both a whole sheet and cut the middle out to enhances the depth of field.



I also used the cling film to cover the lens bracket and used it in a similar way to the above. 

Both these techniques worked really well creating a slightly dreamy feel and a glow that connoted memories.  I want to use this to my advantage and tap into a nostalgic feel to reinforce the connection of the space and the person therefore creating a connection and personal attachment to the images. 





No comments:

Post a Comment