Sunday 3 November 2013

Shoot 5



When shooting the dancers feet it lead me to think about how the camera became a mirror of the dancer and dance. It was part of the dance and became part of the art, it was no longer a camera recording events it was almost a sculpture reflecting the dancer and becoming par of the Dance. 

I wanted to explore this idea further and explore how the camera could be used as a sculpture, I experimented using a large piece of magnifying glass, it looked like a huge contact lens. 

It created really interesting effects, it not only distorted the image i was shooting but enlarging areas of the image, bringing some into focus and distorting others. it also drew in lots of reflections from the different angles of the glass. 

I really enjoyed this experimentation but I feel it doesn't fit with the rest of my work, it has a very different feel and doesn't quite work as part of the body of work. 

I would like to continue this idea and look more into using the camera a a sculpture and creating an empathy between the camera and subject but I will explore that as part of a different body of work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment