Friday 21 February 2014

19/02/14

I came away from my seminar on monday with the intention of creating a video similar to the last one I uploaded but having a less of the environment and more of a focus on the dancer with an opening studio shot moving into a more externalised experience from the dancers perspective.

On Thursday however in a Critical Practice seminar we were discussing how photographs can be read and how as a viewer we can see what is not in the image its self along with how images can be read and weather or not captions and titles can reduce the imagination of the viewer or encourage.  I would like the viewer to project their own ideas and thoughts onto the work and to personally explore and find their own meaning and engagement with the images.

This lead me to consider the viewer of my work in a new way, I have been focusing heavily on how the viewer will experience the images and how I can create an immersive experience that is more than just visual.

I have decided to take a different approach to my work focusing on absences and how the viewer engages and fills the gap. Everything the can't be seen becomes just as important as what can be seen.

I would like to removed the dancer it's self from the images and take photographs of space that evoke the feelings of dance and connote the movement and experience, allowing the viewers to personally engage, creating a personal experience for each viewer.

I would like to explore further my initial shoot and make the work I had initially set out to do as it gives me the flexibility to explore both and work out what is the most dynamic and visually interesting approach.

If  i remover the dancer from the images I will work more with still images and look at how the layout and hanging of my work can connote the experience of dance. However allowing the viewer to project their own experience and emotions towards dance onto the work therefore caressing a very personal experience of the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment