Thursday 13 February 2014

Seeing Spots

Seeing Spots was an exhibition at the Tate Modern by Yayoi kusama, an artist with nervous disorders and suffered with hallucinations since childhood. She claims to see spots all the time and has created large instillation art to externalise this feeling. 



This work allows viewers to experience her work more than just visually, it becomes a much more immersive experience in which one can engage personally. This is something I would like to achieve with my work, I want to push the empathy created when shooting that is created for the viewer further. I would like there to be interaction and engagement on a much more immersive level with touch sound and journey, as well as the environment. 

I am hoping to do this with the way in which my images are displayed in an exhibition environment, along with the moving image I would like the work to be hung in a way that will evoke feelings of dance that the viewer can move through, along with that I would like to create a book or small prints the viewer can handle to develop a much more personal connection to the work. This is ambitious and my not be achieved in the course of term two but I want to continue to develop and work on the experience of my work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment