Saturday 31 May 2014

Creating the zine

I wanted the zine to be a visual guide to the trends communicated in the and and journal of the process of making the videos.  I built each page separately and then put them together in the right order in Premier Pr. It was a compacted experience as I was unsure how premier would work at the printers, I built one in the order the pages should be viewed and one in the order the would be when printed and folded together in a book. 

I have ensured the book emphasises the QR Code and that the link to the films won't be over looked as the films are the key element of this terms work. 

When making the zine I had to carefully consider how the zine would translate the trends and how to create a run inning theme that would change the way the different trends would be read. 

I chose to keep it simple and speak with a digital theme to match the videos and the idea of the QR Code.  I kept a black and white theme through out the book so it wouldn't detract from the trends themselves and it wouldn't stingily give away what is inside the book and create any preconceptions that would change the viewing experience. 

In creating the zine I learnt how to use premier pro which I have never used before so it was a really great experience as I now can confidently use a new software that will be as a photographer. 



Scan this QR Code to go to my website and view the zine :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment