Saturday 31 May 2014

Work Summary

This term I have made 4 short films, each illustrating a trend. The videos are made to advertise the clothes, rather than creating lifestyle videos that use a narrative we went for short snappy, emotive videos.

Each video is a a combination of different shoots, all put together in post production. We set out to create images that look very digital, we embraced the post production to make the videos snappy. We did a couple of shoots on location, one was to film the projection elements and the other was to film the different textures we wanted to incorporate in the videos. I also shot in a green screen studio, diving us lots of flexibility in port production. Shooting with the green screen was such a great experience, learning how to use it has been invaluable.

Although these videos are made to advertise the clothes I am exploring the link between the still image, the printed magazine and online. In many magazines an article or an editorial will be accompanied by a link to more information online are a link to view a video on an App. With the internet becomes the opportunity to share a lot more information. I wanted to explore how that effects the photographer and the work produced.
I have not only made a zine but a website that will accompany it and can be accessed on computers phones and tablets. I have used a QR code to make it super easy to access the website and make in immediate link between the still images and the videos available online.
I have really valued this experience as I am hoping it will be a valuable skill to have when I am a working photographer.

This term has given me the opportunity to work with many different people and the opportunity to work with a lot of new software and push me to create videos and zines, exploring a new avenue of photography I hadn't previously allowing me to gain many new skill and become a much more flexible photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment